10 Fishing Tips
- Be Patient! You may not have a got a good catch on each fishing trip. Fishing teach us patience, that’s our own time we spend for ourselves and it is a pleasure we may share with friends too!
- The time that you choose to fish is very important. 30 minutes after sunrise, sunset, moon rise and moon set are the best times. Read more here about fishing forecasts and learn more about timing.
- Location is the best tip that can make you productive. Submerged wood in shallow water or structure like humps and rocks are good points. Please see here where the nest fishing spots in UAE.
- Know the fish you are targeting. Understand their habits, diet, and biology. Know the fishing calendar of the area. Remember the three “R’s”: READ, RESEARCH, and RECORD data in a journal.
- If you are using lures, know that the water clarity and lure colour are related. Dark water = Bright colour; Clear water = Natural colours; Dark sky = Dark colours; Light sky = Light colours. Also keep in mind that colours changes in deeper depths, all colours end black or white in deep water.
- Use good gear, quality line and hooks. Your gear doesn’t have to be the most expensive but keep in mind you get what you pay for.
- Obey laws and regulations and be responsible on what you do. Practice catch and release.
- Share the fishing experience with others and take others experience with you! Ask what bait and tackle they use for that location at that moment, where else do they go for fishing so on. You will learn a lot of helpful things.
- Ties good knots, retie often and sharpen hooks every few fish with a good file. Or else you may want to change your tackle every one or two trips.
- Always be safe on the water. Thousands of boating incidents happens every year and a lot of people gets injured or even die. Statistics says 9 out of 10 victims were not wearing life jackets. Wear a personal flotation device and love to fish another day!
Source: Fishing Emirates