The Annual Dubai Boat Show Leisure Yachting Conference signals the beginning of the Dubai International Boat Show, drawing over 100 leaders from the maritime industry worldwide. They gather to explore subjects like innovation, regulation, sustainability, and the future of the seas. Make sure you get your tickets for DIBS 2024 to witness and be a part of these important conversations.
MASTER OF CEREMONY:
- Sharifah AlEssa, Founder, Creative Creators
- HE Saeed Mohammed Hareb, Secretary General, Dubai Sports Council, and Senior Advisor, Dubai Boat Show
- Trixie LohMirmand, EVP, Dubai World Trade Centre
Government initiatives have propelled the region into a global yachting paradise. The crown jewel Dubai Reef, the world’s largest artificial reef, stands as a beacon of sustainability. Powered by 100%renewable energy, it is drawing yachters and divers alike with its promise of eco-friendly cruising. Other high-profile attractions such as Ras Al Khaimah’s multi-billion dollar hospitality project as well as Saudi Vision 2030’s $2bn Amaala Yacht Club and NEOM’s Sindalah Island set to be another yachting hub in the Red Sea, are defining new standards of luxury and leisure.
The Gulf’s strategic location also offers access to major events; Saudi, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and the Dubai SailGP. These, along with improved facilities and eased regulations, make the Gulf an enticing choice for marine tourism. This is a $5.7bn market that is expected to reach almost $12.3bn by 2027, driven by increased demand from better-informed and a more tech-savvy younger generation inbound tourism boosted by leisure, international brands with dedicated offerings and the development of new luxury malls. Therein lies the opportunity. The conversation among visionary dignitaries will evolve around exploring the Arabian Gulf as the new alluring destination for marine tourism.
- Martin Redmayne, Chairman & Editor-in-Chief, The Superyacht Group
- Yousuf Lootah, Acting CEO, Corporate Strategy & Performance, Dubai Department of Economy & Tourism
- Guilermo Canellas Vears, Head of Asset Management, NEOM
- Figen Ayan, Chief Port Officer, Galataport Istanbul,
- Hamza Mustafa, COO, Port Rashid DP World
- Omar Khoory, Chief Assets Officer, Nakheel